geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: console & deployer dependencies
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:18:24 GMT
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the response.

As to the question; IMO the 'right' thing to do is separate out the
interfaces. But practically speaking is that reasonable? Seems like
that is a huge task for not much gain (unless I'm missing something
from a future expected use discussion that I missed).

Now making sure I understood what you said the cause of the error
message is. Since the jetty-deployer is 'provided' scope it is not
added explicitly to the class loader for the console. The jetty-
deloyer has the interface and impl for JettyWebAppContext. Since the
jar that this interface is in is not explicitly added to the
console's class path (because of 'provided' if I understand
correctly) it barfs.

However, if we were to separate the interfaces of 'jetty-deployer'
from the implementation classes we could put an explicit reference
into the console to the interfaces and leave the implementation as
'provided'.

Please fix my lack of understanding :-)

Thanks again,

-bd-