geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: help resolving class (GERONIMO-1526)
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:35:03 GMT
Is IDeployableModule an eclipse thing?  If not, the coding convention
for geronimo is to give the interface the premiere name and the
implementations the clunky names.

On Sep 15, 2006, at 6:03 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> So I need some help on the following...
> In the sachin branch, we're working on generalizing the builders,
> and replacing many of the methods that get passed in and process on
> a JarFile with a new interface IDeployableModule.  Now the default
> impl of this class represents a JarFile.  We want to provide
> different implementations that can be plugged into geronimo for
> improved support for deploying from eclipse for example.  Now my
> idea is the following...
> From eclipse we will deploy a gbean to geronimo that provides a new
> impl of IDeployableModule that provides Eclipse support so Geronimo
> can build the configuration directly from the Eclipse projects.  So
> I've added a new method to the DeploymentManager that can be used
> by a client to set the impl classname (might be better to be a
> gbean ref name or something I don't know) to be used for that
> particular deployment.  This gets passed to a Factory class, and if
> null, the default impl is created, and if not then we need to be
> able to load an instance of this impl class.
> So my question is how can this be done? How can the deployment
> module and this factory class resolve the class from a gbean it
> doesn't have direct visibility to?

It need to know the name of the target module.  From there you can
grab the class loader.  Alternatively, if you know the name of the
target service you can call kernel.getClassLoaderFor(name).

View raw message