geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testsuite module, with basic/crude Selenium support
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:28:23 GMT
Hi Jason,

This is very cool indeed, thanks for putting the prototype together.
I just submitted a patch that makes firefox pop up only once to run
all the tests (it actually pops up twice, once during selenium.start
() and then once for the test suite but the first time is for a split
second).

It uses a JUnit TestDecorator to run setup only once for the whole
suite.

IMO until we move to JDK 5 its not a great idea to move to TestNG,
you will get some benefits for sure but the source has to be parsed
at runtime to get at the meta-data (i.e. the info about the tests).
Krufty IMO.

The patch has a comment about invalid XHTML.  I believe the invalid
XHTML part of the console is preventing the XPath find from working.

TTFN,

-bd-