geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject How to get predictable moduleId when using DeploymentManager.distribute()
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:50:02 GMT
Anyone know how to get predictable moduleIds when using
DeploymentManager.distribute()?

I'd like to figure out how to get the moduleIds to be the same as the
artifactId for the archive that is deployed, so that we can undeploy
it after tests have been run.

How can I do this?  Do I need to specify a plan for the archive to
tie it to a specific moduleId?

I have been playing with test-ear-j2ee_1.4.ear, and it keeps
generating stuff like 'default/test-ear-j2ee_1.4-1.2-SNAPSHOT/
1158129807807/car' which is kinda hard to undeploy after that state
has been lost.

If I do need to specify a plan, can I tuck that into the .ear so that
Maven does not need to worry about 2 artifacts for one deployment?

--jason