geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject [Summary] Release Early, Release Often
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:55:21 GMT
This has been a great discussion and a lot of important issues have
been raised.  We don't seem to have a consensus just yet, but I think
we have made good progress toward one.  I've snipped out the
highlights of the discussion below:

On Sep 7, 2006, at 10:28 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> There are a bunch of jiras/bug fixes that still need to be forward
> ported to trunk, and the stuff in all_changes.log is still not
> addressed to a considerable extent.

And finally a comment from an actual user :)

On Sep 6, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Brian Chan wrote:
> I would love to see that as well. I'm waiting on a few fixes (ejb
> compile leaking) to get on a stable Geronimo release so we can
> release Liferay 4.2.0 with Geronimo on the enterprise level (thanks
> to Jeff Grenender for that). Otherwise, will just have to go with a
> snapshot which doesn't look as good.

I'm going to start a new thread to attempt to gain a consensus on 1.2
and a separate one for the issue David Jencks raised about dead-1.2.

-dain