geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RTC Yoo-Hoo Wake Up Please and Review the Wadi Integration Patch
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:26:19 GMT
Apply only http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12340048/
GERONIMO-2163-v6c.patch

There are some instructions on setting up a testbed that require some
other files.  Personally I wasn't able to follow all of them but I
think this patch is worth applying anyway.

The clustering contract is in the new module geronimo-clustering and
to the extent I understand (probably small) it it looks pretty self-
explanatory to me.

New modules:

geronimo-clustering: interfaces for proposed clustering contract
geronimo-clustering-wadi: implementation of this contract for WADI
geronimo-clustering-builder-wadi: a NamespaceDrivenBuilder to set the
aforementioned stuff up

Modified modules:
geronimo-deployment: improvements to NamespaceDrivenBuilder (requires
changes in all the NDBs, geronimo-service-builder and geronimo-
security-builder)
geronimo-jetty: changes to get jetty to talk to the clustering
interfaces as appropriate
geronimo-jetty-builder: changes to allow the wadi clustering builder
to be plugged in.

New Configs:
jetty-clustering-wadi: "static" support for wadi, sort of like the
jetty container.
jetty-clustering-builder-wadi: the jetty-wadi-builder

Modified Configs:
jetty: use the clustering interface
jetty-deployer: add the clustering builder if present

Modified assemblies:
geronimo-jetty-j2ee: include the new configs

Hope this helps

thanks
david jencks