geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base: Indice (page created)
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:33:11 GMT
I understand your point but if we have people that are willing to put
in the time and effort at translation why should we discourage them?
I think its awesome that people think enough about Geronimo to spend
their time doing this for the benefit of non-english speakers.

If it turns out that the content ends up out of sync (which it may
very well due to the preponderance of english speakers such as
yourself) at that point I think natural selection kicks in.

On Sep 24, 2006, at 3:11 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I think it is a bad idea to have some many languages in the wiki.
>
> Wiki is meant to allow one person to go in and add content or
> change it... by having these language specific sections of the wiki
> it means that one person can not really do that anymore.
>
> For example, I have absolutely no plans to update any of the KB
> items in any other language other than english... same goes for
> build documentation and other docs.
>
> If we did want to add multiple languages, then we need a system
> that will handle switching the language and content based on the
> users browser, which confluence does not.
>
> But even then I think that for semi-dynamic content like wiki
> pages... that this is a very bad idea and will almost always lead
> to the content getting out of sync.
>
> I would much, much, much prefer that the english pages get cleaned
> up and have more quality content added, then to try and get the
> existing pages into more languages.
>
> --jason
>

> On Sep 23, 2006, at 1:30 PM, confluence@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Page Created : GMOxKB : Indice
>> Indice has been created by Waldo Ramírez Montaño (Sep 23, 2006).
>>
>> Content:
>>
>> Apache Geronimo - Base de Conocimientos
>>

>> Powered by Atlassian Confluence (Version: 2.1.5a Build:#411 Mar
>> 16, 2006) - Bug/feature request
>>
>> Unsubscribe or edit your notifications preferences

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org