geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Swing console?
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:40:59 GMT
Agreed. Aside from the UI aspect, managing a server from within the
server process is limited by definition. Ideally there should be a
rich client and some kind of server-side daemon that can bounce the
server process and provide access to configuration when the server is
down.

One other advantage would be an ability to manage multiple instances
of Geronimo from the single console. From the recent experience the
lack of this capability is the single biggest concern in migrating to
Geronimo from commercial app servers.

Andrus