geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ CNFE on CTRL-C
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:20:40 GMT

On Sep 13, 2006, at 7:37 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> We shouldn't use the ActiveMQ shutdown hook -- we'll shut it down
> gracefully during the Geronimo kernel shutdown process.  In a normal
> ActiveMQ config file you disable it with something like this:
>
> <broker useShutdownHook="false" ...>
>
> I haven't looked at our current ActiveMQ integration syntax but I
> assume we can set that same property on the broker object/GBean.

Right. The real issue is why the ActiveMQ shutdown hook is running. I
think the CNFE is occurring because the module has been stopped and
MultiParentClassLoader.destroy() has been called (thus no more
classes will be loaded...).

For G 1.0 and 1.1 we disabled the ActiveMQ shutdown hook with the
following in configs/activemq-broker/src/plan/plan.xml

     <gbean name="SystemProperties"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.properties.SystemProperties">
         <attribute name="systemProperties">
             activemq.broker.disable-clean-shutdown=true
         </attribute>
     </gbean>

I see we're still setting the system property in the active mq plan.
So, either ActiveMQ 4 uses a different system property or there's a
different problem.

On the different problem track: a while back, we had a dependency
issue which allowed ActiveMQ to start before the SystemProperties
GBean had been started -- so, ActiveMQ wasn't seeing the above system
property. See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1818

--kevan