geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Re: Geronimo and Cargo
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:32:26 GMT
FYI, I dug into this more... and found that Cargo uses some legacy
classes to try and determine via JMX if the server has loaded.  Since
these classes do not exist anymore, this will always fail... even
though it has started the server correctly (with "installed" container
and "existing" configuraton).

Stop still barfs, but I think that may be related to the start
detection w/bunk class names.

I think we may want to create a simple helper object, which can be
used to perform these operations... give it a JMX URL and the invoke
some methods to perform the desired operations.

Having a single class would make it much easier to have this be more
portable across versions... as right now Cargo's code is specific to
1.0.  I'm not sure what to call it yet, but if we add the class to 1.2
and 1.1, then Cargo and other tools that need to check if the server
is started, or to shut it down, can use one interface and be isolated
from other internal changes.

--jason