geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: magicGBall app plans
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:29:17 GMT

On Sep 11, 2006, at 7:59 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I'm trying to use the MagicGBall sample app running to test the
> Yoko CORBA support, and I'm a bit confused by what I'm seeing in
> the trunk source tree.  In the 1.1.1 tree, the magicGBall sample
> was a single module, and it also included a pair of plan files in
> the source tree for deploying this app with or without transport-
> level security.  In the 1.2 tree, the m2 build has split this into
> 4 modules, and the plan files don't seem to exist any more.  Are
> the missing plan files just an omission from the restructure, or
> has some other mechanism replaced these plans?

I doubt it very much.  I think the plans were removed by mistake.
There's no good place to put them, but they should be in svn IMNSHO.
> Other samples (e.g. the welcome app) seem to have plans that have
> gone missing in action.

Other apps have their plans in the configs dir, but the magicGBall is
really sort of an integration test, and we haven't figured out where
to put those yet.  I have a bunch of other mini-apps to show
something works that I've been attaching to jira issues.  Anyone
(prasad :-) have any ideas?

thanks
david jencks