geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1-rc2 Release
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:53:17 GMT

On Sep 7, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Jan Bartel wrote:

> First, I apologise but my newsreader can't find the initial email
> in this
> thread, so I'm just replying to the first one I can find.
>
> I've downloaded and tried geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.1-rc2.tar.gz. I
> simply
> followed the instructions in the RELEASE_NOTES. I can't get the
> console webapp to deploy. The log looks like jetty is missing a
> component and therefore not starting.

Hi Jan,
The minimal servers don't contain a console webapp. The RELEASE_NOTES
should be updated to reflect this...

The DEBUG entries are misleading. Geronimo doesn't generate "started"
log entries that would correspond to the "waiting to start" log
entries. Certainly something to think about. We probably shouldn't be
generating these DEBUG log entries at all...

The lack of any INFO log entries is a problem, also, IMO. There
should be "server starting" and "server started" messages. Would
prefer to address these issues in a future release...

--kevan