geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Where to develop plugins (was: Re: JPA Plugin patch)
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 02:01:40 GMT

On Sep 1, 2006, at 4:38 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Would you share with us what your answers are?

It's taken me a while to get back to this, but I've been determined
to get you a response.

A plugin is synonymous with "application", so I don't think it make
sense to think territorially in regards to that word.  People can
write applications, plugins, even critical components (ActiveMQ,
Axis, Jetty, OpenEJB, OpenJPA, Tomcat, Yoko, etc.) where ever they
want.  We may or may not use them (also our right).

The heart of this debate is acting as an individual vs. a group.
It's fine to do either, but just know this; if you make your
decisions alone, don't be surprised if one day you are alone.

-David