geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache Geronimo Knowledge Base: Indice (page created)
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:11:41 GMT
I think it is a bad idea to have some many languages in the wiki.

Wiki is meant to allow one person to go in and add content or change
it... by having these language specific sections of the wiki it means
that one person can not really do that anymore.

For example, I have absolutely no plans to update any of the KB items
in any other language other than english... same goes for build
documentation and other docs.

If we did want to add multiple languages, then we need a system that
will handle switching the language and content based on the users
browser, which confluence does not.

But even then I think that for semi-dynamic content like wiki
pages... that this is a very bad idea and will almost always lead to
the content getting out of sync.

I would much, much, much prefer that the english pages get cleaned up
and have more quality content added, then to try and get the existing
pages into more languages.

--jason