geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <>
Subject Re: Release Early, Release Often
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:43:58 GMT
On 9/7/06, Hiram Chirino <> wrote:
> I'm a big believer that 1.3 will have a ton of nice features!  If you
> release it, users will use it :)  I don't think we need to feature
> pack every release.
> It seems to me we spent a bunch of time feature packing a 1.1.x
> release.  If we would do that to trunk instead, our 1.n releases would
> be more impressive.

Agreed - forward progress and a visible roadmap are what users want to
see. Right now Geronimo is headed pretty squarely down the path of
updates every six months. IMO, we need to change that and feature
packing every release is only going to keep things on that track.

Apache Geronimo -
Apache ActiveMQ -
Apache ServiceMix -
Castor -