geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Plugins project (Re: Where to develop plugins
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:35:55 GMT
On 9/3/06, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@golux.com> wrote:

> The following sentence made me want to make sure we didn't
> wander into strange roads and get lost:
>
> "Remember that the Geronimo kernel has no knowledge of J2EE."

This statement has no bearing on the outcome of the project - Geronimo
delivers a J2EE 1.4 certified application server. I'm not proposing
any deviation from J2EE as this will always be delivered. This is
simply a statement of fact about the design of the underlying
architecture that makes Geronimo more universally usable. This is what
allows the project to provide all the various assemblies that are
here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/assemblies/

Bruce
);'