geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: maven.xml is pointing to the wrong version of OpenEJB in branches/1.1
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:15:58 GMT

On Sep 23, 2006, at 6:15 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> Is branches/1.1 frozen?  I thought it is only tags/* that are frozen.

no branches/x.x are frozen: they can be fixed

all tags/* are frozen and they cannot be changed

This problem suggests to me that m:co and similar goals have no place
in a build script and if we keep the facility they need to go in
something that isn't a build script.

I also wonder if we should be zipping up the maven repo used for a
released build and stashing it in the svn tag for the release.  e.g
start with empty m repo, build g, remove all g artifacts from the
repo, and zip it up.  Checking that g then builds offline is probably
a good idea too.

thanks
david jencks