geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo Architecture Documentation
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:22:03 GMT
On Sep 28, 2006, at 5:07 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Um... TeX or Docbook is probably much more "universal" in the open
> source world than any bloated, expensive and buggy microsoft
> unstableware.

Hehehe...I'm not sure which is more fun, sending an e-mail with a
reference to Microsoft and waiting for the reply or reading your
response :)

> And, while I think architecture docs are great... they tend to
> become outdated very quickly, especially as we keep changing the
> internals of the server.

I agree with the currency issue, however, at least they are a
starting point and in general I think most people want to read a
quick overview rather than check out an SVN tree (I said most, not
all).  Even if it became stale in a year it would be a huge advantage
for the project and new folks that want to check it out.

Lei capisce?

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org