geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <>
Subject Adding plugin utilities to Geronimo
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:12:42 GMT

I've got a couple plugin utility classes that include things like
adding a screen to a console when a plugin is first run, resolving
references to DB pools or GBeans from a plugin, and mangling a J2EE
module as its deployed to incorporate plugin features (e.g. so you can
include scheduled jobs in a WAR using the Quartz plugin).

Is there interest in adding this stuff to the Geronimo project?  It
seems like it would be best packaged as a JAR that other plugins can
depend upon.

I don't think it needs to be distributed with Geronimo, as it can be
installed with the first plugin that depends on it.  So I'd be
inclined to create a dir like geronimo/plugins/trunk/common to hold
this (or perhaps geronimo/plugins/common/trunk -- I don't remember if
we want all the plugin content in the same trunk or separate trunks).
Anyway, I'd put in a compatible-with-1.1 release right away, and spin
off a compatible-with-1.2 release as soon as the naming builder
improvements are fully incorporated (I'm not sure if that's happened
yet or not).

View raw message