geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Release Early, Release Often
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:13:27 GMT
> ActiveMQ 4.1 is a massive upgrade (a really good thing)  from the
> previous offering in G 1.x

It is a good upgrade, but looking over that list, it's practically the
only big advance for a typical user, and that's assuming they care
that much about JMS.  I wish we had more big bang features for our
next 1.x release (especially EE 5 stuff -- where's the web and web
services integration?  How is OpenEJB 3 coming?  What about XBean
integration?  Retrotranslator?  Yoko?).  Also, a fair amount of
non-new-feature items on the list were included in 1.1.1...

Thanks,
     Aaron