geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: When has the server started?
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:00:44 GMT
I think if you get the AbstractName for the LocalAttributeManager in a
test program, there's a method on the AbstractName to get or generate
an ObjectName, and then you could use that ObjectName to access the
LocalAttributeManager (and therefore the kernelFullyStarted attribute)
via JMX.  I'm not sure that will work, but it's where I would start.
If that doesn't work, you could try invoking the
getAttribute(abstractName, attributeName) operation on the Kernel via
JMX (so you'd access the Kernel via JMX, but call an operation on it
to access the LocalAttributeManager).

FWIW, I think Daemon just loops over a Set to be fully generic -- I'm
pretty sure that in practice, the LocalAttributeManager is the one and
only PersistentConfigurationList in the server.

Thanks,
     Aaron