geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepak Srinivasa" <deepu.sriniv...@gmail.com>
Subject One more build error on Windows
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:39:33 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to build Geronimo on Windows XP SP2 using Maven2.
I am following the instructions given here ->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo-with-maven-2.html

I did a fresh checkout of geronimo trunk a couple of days back, and tried to
build.
First, I got the 'Unable to compile JSP' error, and after looking at the
posts on this list, I changed my root pom.xml to get the 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT of
the jspc-maven-plugin. Now, that error seems to have vanished.

But now, I get the following error while building geronimo-console-standard.
I checked on the list here about the windows build problems, but could not
find this one. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a workaround for this
problem??
BTW, I also did an 'svn update' just now, but the error persists.
I have attached error.dat file (mvn -X install > error.dat).

Can someone give me any pointers please? :-)
Thanks,
Deepu.

**************************************
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Geronimo Applications, Console :: Standard Portlets
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-version}]
[INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.pluto:pluto:pom:1.0.1:compile ' is invalid. It
will
 be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'tranql:tranql:pom:1.4-SNAPSHOT:provided' is invalid. It
will
be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activemq:activemq-core:pom:3.2.4-SNAPSHOT:provided' is
invali
d. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/dwr/poms/dwr-1
.1.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-snapshots-m1 (
http://peo
ple.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository)
Downloading: http://repository.codehaus.org/dwr/dwr/1.1.1/dwr-1.1.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus (
http://repository.cod
ehaus.org)
Downloading: http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/dwr/dwr/1.1.1/dwr-1.1.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (
http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/commons-fileup
load/poms/commons-fileupload-1.1-dev.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-snapshots-m1 (
http://peo
ple.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository)
Downloading: http://repository.codehaus.org/commons-fileupload/commons-fileuploa

d/1.1-dev/commons-fileupload-1.1-dev.pom
http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/commons-fileupload/commons-fileuploa
d/1.1-dev/commons-fileupload-1.1-dev.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (
http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.pluto:pluto:pom:1.0.1:compile ' is invalid. It
will
 be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'tranql:tranql:pom:1.4-SNAPSHOT:provided' is invalid. It
will
be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activemq:activemq-core:pom:3.2.4-SNAPSHOT:provided' is
invali
d. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[INFO] [jspc:compile {execution: jspc}]
[INFO] Compiling new java files...
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Errors found during compilation.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Errors found during
comp
ilation.
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java :322)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:324)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java
:430)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Errors found
during c
ompilation.
        at org.codehaus.mojo.jspc.AbstractJspcMojo.execute (
AbstractJspcMojo.java
:257)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:412)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa

ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 minutes 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Sep 01 15:40:39 IST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 40M/63M
[INFO]