geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r437291 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: bootstrap bootstrap.bat bootstrap.xml
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:55:18 GMT
On Sep 7, 2006, at 10:24 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I think that the current bootstrap behavior is necessary for the
> reasons jason has stated however I think it should be named
> something else so people who just want to build g. won't be tempted
> to use it -- like
> advanced-ultra-clean-build
>
> or
>
> bootstrap-with-new-mvn-repo

Um, the "default" for bootstrap is that it will nuke your repo at the
moment... its not the only thing that it does.  Dunno how many times
I'm gonna have to say it before it starts to click.

> I would really like a convenient way to compile g + openejb
> together as we had with the m1 build.  I still find most of my
> changes affect both projects :-((((.  Jason, can you come up with a
> good way to do this?  I don't really understand your suggestion
> well enough to implement it.

I think its kinda retarded that we have two split codebases here.
Either decouple them or make them one... but keeping them split into
two pieces is asking for pain.

Maybe now that OpenEJB is on its way to apache, then svn:externals
can be used to pull the source into our tree.

--jason