geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Poll] Next release?
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:41:25 GMT

On Sep 8, 2006, at 9:55 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> In an attempt to quantify our expectation about the next release
> from trunk, please rank the following items in importance to you:
>
> [3 ] Release Date
> [2 ] Feature Set
> [4 ] Release Name
> [1] Certification

I don't view certification of a "release" as optional. I'd be
hesitant to deliver a non-certified milestone...

I do think that working to get trunk up to "releasable" standards is
a good thing. We're going to need to do that regardless... BTW, part
of this work should include the new Apache source header and
copyright notice policy -- http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html.

Would be great to have an automated test for checking source headers,
LICENSE, and NOTICE files. Would hopefully avoid some of those last
minute release vote respins...

--kevan