geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <>
Subject Re: magicGBall app plans
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:29:31 GMT
Hi All,

We do have a place to put integration test deployables now;

Lets move magicGBall there and it would be great if you were to put
the mini-apps you are doing there too then the other module can use
them as dependencies. There is an example of how to convince maven to
do that in the

pom.xml file for reference in case you need/want it.

On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:29 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2006, at 7:59 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>> I'm trying to use the MagicGBall sample app running to test the
>> Yoko CORBA support, and I'm a bit confused by what I'm seeing in
>> the trunk source tree.  In the 1.1.1 tree, the magicGBall sample
>> was a single module, and it also included a pair of plan files in
>> the source tree for deploying this app with or without transport-
>> level security.  In the 1.2 tree, the m2 build has split this into
>> 4 modules, and the plan files don't seem to exist any more.  Are
>> the missing plan files just an omission from the restructure, or
>> has some other mechanism replaced these plans?
> I doubt it very much.  I think the plans were removed by mistake.
> There's no good place to put them, but they should be in svn IMNSHO.
>> Other samples (e.g. the welcome app) seem to have plans that have
>> gone missing in action.
> Other apps have their plans in the configs dir, but the magicGBall
> is really sort of an integration test, and we haven't figured out
> where to put those yet.  I have a bunch of other mini-apps to show
> something works that I've been attaching to jira issues.  Anyone
> (prasad :-) have any ideas?
> thanks
> david jencks
>> Rick