geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible workspace for jetty 6 work and other jee5 stuff
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:21:53 GMT
I committed an initial stab at a jetty6 module.  I copied the
existing jetty5 module from trunk, tried to apply all the changes Jan
made in the servlet 2.5 branch, and then tried to figure out how to
hook in Gianni's clustering stuff.  It now compiles and some tests
appear to pass, others fail so are disabled.

Overall I think we will end up with a much simpler integration than
with jetty5.  I've already eliminated several classes.

Current issues:

-- I don't understand all the details of setting up handler chains.
It looks like the jetty web app context accepts 4 specific handlers,
and I want to have handlers to replace each before-after we had to
use for jetty5.  My current guess is that I have to do something like
make a SecurityHandler that includes all the geronimo handlers inside
it.  This doesn't seem quite right.... hoping further investigation
will disclose the one true way.

-- AbstractSessionManager doesn't seem to support importing sessions
or exporting them.  I think it needs to extract a method like:

  protected void registerSession(Session session) {
         synchronized(_sessionIdManager)
         {
             synchronized(this)
             {
                 _sessions.put(session.getId(),session);
                 _sessionIdManager.addSession(session);
                 if (_sessions.size() > this._maxSessions)
                     this._maxSessions = _sessions.size ();
             }
         }
}

from

     public HttpSession newHttpSession(HttpServletRequest request)
     {
         Session session = newSession(request);
         session.setMaxInactiveInterval(_dftMaxIdleSecs);

         synchronized(_sessionIdManager)
         {
             synchronized(this)
             {
                 _sessions.put(session.getId(),session);
                 _sessionIdManager.addSession(session);
                 if (_sessions.size() > this._maxSessions)
                     this._maxSessions = _sessions.size ();
             }
         }

         HttpSessionEvent event=new HttpSessionEvent(session);
         for(int i=0;i<LazyList.size(_sessionListeners);i++)
             ((HttpSessionListener)LazyList.get
(_sessionListeners,i)).sessionCreated(event);

         return session;
     }

(I don't know if the sessionEvent should be sent from the proposed
register method)

and a similar unregister method.

I'll also ping the jetty lists with my questions.

Thanks
david jencks