geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Wiki page for building Geronimo with m2
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:17:38 GMT
Eduardo,

The Wiki is mostly correct.  The build process has been in a bit of
flux and I'm not sure its totally settled but we will need to update it.

Do this:

./bootstrap clean

It will fail when trying to build the specs.  At this point change
your JDK to 1.5.

./bootstrap specs

Change your JDK back to 1.4

./bootstrap modules
./bootstrap openejb2
./bootstrap assemble

I believe that will work.  There may be faster ways.  Let me know if
this helps.

On Sep 26, 2006, at 2:32 AM, Eduardo de Vera wrote:

> I have been trying to build geronimo with the complete bootstrap
> and it has been impossible. The "step by step" way worked but when
> I tryed to do a mvn clean install, it always failed. I am going
> crazy about this issue since I haven't even been able to start
> working on anything. I would appreciate it very much if someone
> could take a look about this issue since its too big for a new
> comer like me.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Eduardo
>
> 2006/9/25, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net>: Jay D. McHugh wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Am I correct in thinking that since the specs were changed, trunk
> can no
> > longer be built with a simple 'bootstrap' and must now actually
> be built
> > step by step following the 'bootstrap without a full "bootstrap"'
> > directions?
>
> I believe that this is correct (or at least that's the procedure I now
> follow building the specs only with jdk 1.5).
>

> > If that is true I could try to modify the wiki page to remove the
> simple
> > directions and lead everyone to the step-by-step directions right
> away
> > (I would need to have someone take a look when I was done though - I
> > don't trust myself to change anything without review).
>
> Go for it!
>
> Joe

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org