geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject specs & jdk 1.5
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:15:41 GMT
As soon as svn comes back (eris is down at the moment), I am going to
commit a change to the specs tree that will only enable the jdk 1.5
specific modules when the jvm is jdk 1.5 compatible.

Since G does not yet depend on those added jdk 1.5 modules, this
means that bootstrap (asis) should function again w/o needing to
dance between 2 different JDK versions.

I also noticed on the wiki page, in the "Advanced Users" section,
that it recommends commenting out:

<module>geronimo-jta_1.1_spec</module>

Why does JTA 1.1 need to be commented out.  Its pom config does not
show it needs JDK 1.5.

<itty-bitty-rant>
I still don't like the "Advanced Users" section... not only is it not
formatted correctly, but it just adds more complexity to an already
complex build... oh well.
</itty-bitty-rant>

--jason