geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Wiki page for building Geronimo with m2
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:08:28 GMT

Hang in there ... there's still hope. :-)

First, if you followed the step by step directions for bootstrap and it
was successful then you're ready to go.  The final step (bootstrap
assemble) creates the complete assemblies so there's no need to run "mvn
clean install" or anything else at that point.

Later on, if you've made some changes (or picked them up) that are only
in the Geronimo itself (no co-req changes in openejb or specs) then you
should be able to run "mvn clean install" to pick up the changes.  I'm
not sure why that isn't working for you, but If you provide some more
information on the failure then somebody on the list might be able to

Don't forget that working from trunk is the cutting edge development for
Geronimo so things are always changing (and unfortunately often breaking).

Eduardo de Vera wrote:
> I have been trying to build geronimo with the complete bootstrap and it
> has been impossible. The "step by step" way worked but when I tryed to
> do a mvn clean install, it always failed. I am going crazy about this
> issue since I haven't even been able to start working on anything. I
> would appreciate it very much if someone could take a look about this
> issue since its too big for a new comer like me.
> Thanks in advance!
> Eduardo
> 2006/9/25, Joe Bohn <
> <>>:
>     Jay D. McHugh wrote:
>      > Hello all,
>      >
>      > Am I correct in thinking that since the specs were changed, trunk
>     can no
>      > longer be built with a simple 'bootstrap' and must now actually
>     be built
>      > step by step following the 'bootstrap without a full "bootstrap"'
>      > directions?
>     I believe that this is correct (or at least that's the procedure I now
>     follow building the specs only with jdk 1.5).
>      >
>      > If that is true I could try to modify the wiki page to remove the
>     simple
>      > directions and lead everyone to the step-by-step directions right
>     away
>      > (I would need to have someone take a look when I was done though - I
>      > don't trust myself to change anything without review).
>     Go for it!
>     Joe

View raw message