geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Micro-G
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 04:22:03 GMT
The initial commit is out there with rev. 449892.

I can deploy the updated tomcat car and then subsequently the
tomcat-deployer car produced with these changes.  I can then
subsequently deploy a simple web application on tomcat.   I have also
done the same with jetty, jetty-deploy, and again a simple web
application.

However, to this I have to cheat a little at the moment.  I manually
copy the 1.2-SNAPSHOT jars necessary for tomcat, tomcat-deployer, jetty,
  jetty-deployer, and most recently geronimo-clustering (due to the
dependency from jetty to geronimo-clustering) into the assemblies
repository.  This is necessary for the time being because these jars
don't exist in any public repository.

I also have to cheat and copy the jetty schemas into the schema location
(the framework assembly build already includes the tomcat schemas for
now).  Aaron pointed me to some info on how to get these schemas
included in the plugin and copied at deploy time which I will look at
next.  Finally, for Jetty I also have to modify var\config\config.xml
WebBuilder default namespace to reference jetty instead of tomcat so
there's still some more work necessary there.

There are also some more items that should probably be removed from this
framework assembly ... but this is a start.

Initial commit to trunk on 09/25/06:
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\LICENSE.txt
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\NOTICE.txt
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\pom.xml
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\src
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\src\main
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\src\main\assembly
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\src\main\assembly\bin.xml
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\src\main\var
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\src\main\var\config
Adding         assemblies\geronimo-framework\src\main\var\config\config.xml
Adding
assemblies\geronimo-framework\src\main\var\config\offline-deployer-list
Sending        assemblies\pom.xml
Sending        configs\jetty\pom.xml
Adding         configs\jetty\src\main
Adding         configs\jetty\src\main\resources
Adding         configs\jetty\src\main\resources\META-INF
Adding         configs\jetty\src\main\resources\META-INF\geronimo-plugin.xml
Sending        configs\jetty\src\plan\plan.xml
Sending        configs\jetty-deployer\pom.xml
Adding         configs\jetty-deployer\src\main
Adding         configs\jetty-deployer\src\main\resources
Adding         configs\jetty-deployer\src\main\resources\META-INF
Adding
configs\jetty-deployer\src\main\resources\META-INF\geronimo-plugin.xml
Sending        configs\pom.xml
Sending        configs\tomcat\pom.xml
Adding         configs\tomcat\src\main
Adding         configs\tomcat\src\main\resources
Adding         configs\tomcat\src\main\resources\META-INF
Adding
configs\tomcat\src\main\resources\META-INF\geronimo-plugin.xml
Sending        configs\tomcat\src\plan\plan.xml
Sending        configs\tomcat-deployer\pom.xml
Adding         configs\tomcat-deployer\src\main
Adding         configs\tomcat-deployer\src\main\resources
Adding         configs\tomcat-deployer\src\main\resources\META-INF
Adding
configs\tomcat-deployer\src\main\resources\META-INF\geronimo-plugin.xml
Transmitting file data ..................
Committed revision 449892.