geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An extremely unexpected result running with yoko...
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:34:19 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 9/22/06, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I finally got a Geronimo build created with both yoko and sun CORBA
>> configs.  The yoko config ran fine, and I was trying to figure out what
>> tweaking was necessary to get the sun version to work.
>
> Rick,
>
> You seem to be having lots of fun with CORBA layer! ;-) Just to
> clarify it a bit for me, let me ask you a few questions. Why do we
> care about Sun ORB at all? Can't Geronimo run with Yoko only? Is Sun
> ORB a requirement for TCK in general or our TCK setup? If you answered
> Yoko is enough to pass TCK, I'd say forget about Sun ORB and spare
> some time doing other stuff rather than struggling with setting up
> both. I guess, it's not that easy, though, is it?
We need to Sun ORB because we don't know yet how well Yoko will fair
with the TCK until we actually run it.  I don't think most people are
prepared to put all of the eggs in the one basket until it's been proved
to work.  This will allow us to continue with the Sun ORB as the default
until we pass the TCK using Yoko.  At point, it's trivial to scrap the
old code.