geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writing Readable Code
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:24:49 GMT

Kevan Miller wrote:

> In my experience, the probability of good comments being added to code
> post the initial commit is extremely low. If you think it would be good
> to document more, how do you see that happening?

Be a nudge ;-)  Your comments to Gianny about having a bit more doc for
the clustering component were great.  It wasn't a gate, but you are
expressing a need for a bit more javadoc.  I think this is a very
abstract/gray area for how/what/where/when.  In cases where appropriate,
just speak up.  We all will eventually get it...since people who are the
largest violators will hopefully want to go with the flow (and not keep
getting nudged). :-)