geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writing Readable Code
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:45:35 GMT
I am not supportive of forcing javadoc, and I would not like to make
that a reason for veto.  If folks aren't following guidelines to good
coding practices and the code is illegible, then I think we can help
mentor following generally accepted practices.  I have read a lot of
code and for 99% of the time, the code is understandable enough.

I think if CTR is the order, then people who make fairly large commits
should engage in some thorough discussion of what they are doing on the
lists.  Javadoc should not be a substitute for this a s javadoc is not
engaging the community, which is most important.

OTOH, it would be nice if we did document a little bit more.  But I
would not like to see it as a gate to getting code in.

Jeff