geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gcache implementation ideas[long]
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:50:32 GMT
Hi Gianny,

Thanks for the comments.  I am not so sure I want to inject election or
quorum into the mix as I want the first pass to be as simple as
possible.  For the sake of simplicity, already knowing the order will
help.

As I thought about this more, if a slave comes back, it can notify the
other slaves that its alive and then it's back in its proper order.
Keep in mind, an intermediate slave only really needs to notify the
master and other slaves that it's back.

Jeff