geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher M. Cardona" <chris.m.card...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dojo Toolkit inclusion to Geronimo
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:23 GMT
Gianny,

Thanks again for finding time to look at the patch. Sorry to hear that
it didn’t worked out smoothly in Safari. I agree with you that we should
find a better way to include/checkin Dojo in G. I decided to include the
Dojo source in the patch to make it easier for people like you who want
to look at it without doing additional work like downloading some
distribution. Your suggestion of expanding the Dojo files upon build is
fine but I think checking in Dojo as a separate module (webapp) as
suggested by Paul has an advantage of being reused by other webapps
deployed in G simply by making the webapp’s parent the Dojo module.
Furthermore, I was able to verify that this works. I’m still open for
other suggestions but if we are left with these 2 options I’ll give +1
to checking in Dojo as a separate module. Any thoughts?

Best wishes,
chris