geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Peculiar things about the latest trunk build wrt ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:53:38 GMT

David Jencks wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>

>> Thanks Jason.  I had just remembered about the boilerplate  assemblies
>> and noticed the activemq-rar in there.
>>
>> I don't know why we would need the activemq-rar in the boilderplate
>> for minimal.  David, can you give some more details?
>

> I guess I was wrong, oh keeper of the minimal :)  If we don't ship
> system-database with minimal we don't need the derby rars either.   All
> the rars are there only as a convenience for someone who might  want to
> deploy an additional instance: none are needed to run the  shipping
> server.  Joe, do you think we should leave them all out of  minimal?
> I'd be fine with that.

I guess my take is that we shouldn't include any of the RARs in minimal.
  Jason, would you like to do that or shall I?

This also then raises the question of how the RARs will get included in
the little-G growing to big-G scenario (or the framework to whatever
scenario which is how I stumbled upon it).  Perhaps we can add some
artificial dependencies (for example maybe from system-database to the
derby RARs?).  Or we can just require that they be pulled manually.  Any
thoughts?

Joe

> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> I'll open a JIRA on the deps.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>> jason.dillon@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> The rar deps need to be excluded... Open issue for that which I  will
>>> fix shortly. And David Jencks said to add the rars to the  minimal
>>> boilerplate, so I did. If that is not correct we can move  it to the
>>> j2ee boilerplate. --jason
>>> 1)  The image size of the activeMQ rar file is now huge ... going
>>> from something like 1 meg to a present 7.5 meg:
>>> 7,508,415 ge-activemq-rar-1.2-SNAPSHOT.rar