geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1-rc3 (incorporates all recent comments and issues, you need to vote again)
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:55:21 GMT
I think I'm having a John Kerry moment. :-)

On further reflection, I'd like to change my vote back to a +1.

My rationale earlier was that if it stopped us on rc2 then it should
also stop us on rc3.  However, I don't believe that this issue alone
would have held up rc2 and it should not hold up rc3.  We have removed
the copyright protected Sun content from distribution.  IANAL, but I
would assume simply shipping the empty named files is not an exposure.

Joe

Joe Bohn wrote:
> It looks like the problem is worse than I thought with the zero length
> DTDs.  They are also still present in the binary images.
>
> Looks like I have to change my vote to -1.  The truly evil could
> construe this as "Not only did you ship the Sun DTD, but you altered the
> content and removed the copyright."  :-)
>
> Joe
>

> Joe Bohn wrote:
>
>> Looks good to me.   +1.
>>
>> I did notice that there are still the 0 length DTDs (and some other 0
>> length items) in the full source distribution.  I'm not sure if this
>> is something that we need to be concerned about or not.  They have
>> been removed from the schema src.
>>
>> Joe
>>

>> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>
>>> I have incorporated the latest feedback on 1.1.1-rc2.  Items that
>>> were identified as issues included:
>>>
>>> * 0 length files in the modules/j2ee-schema/src/j2ee*schema
>>> directories.  I have removed the those directories.  The remaining
>>> directories are still intact.
>>>
>>> * Updated the RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.1.txt file to clarify the
>>> installation of the console for J2EE certified versions of the server.
>>>
>>> * Released Open EJB 2.1.1 so it is available online for normal
>>> builds.  These binaries are not included in this rc3 for that reason.
>>>
>>> * Changed the Specs and Schema to use -rc3 in their suffix to ensure
>>> that the correct files are available.  SVN has been updated with
>>> this  version number for the specs and schema so you can checkout and
>>> build  for yourself.  Otherwise, one can download the appropriate
>>> files and  place them in their local repository (do not rename these
>>> files...use  them as is).
>>>
>>> There have been no other comments on the RC2 thread so I am
>>> resetting  the vote and will ask for your input for hopefully the
>>> last time.   This vote will conclude at 0600 ET on Tuesday September
>>> 12th.
>>>
>>> This vote supersedes the previous RC1 and RC2 votes; you need to
>>> vote  again.
>>>
>>> Please remember that only PMC votes are binding but we need all
>>> feedback we can get to ensure there are no significant unknowns.
>>>
>>> Here is the list of artifacts:
>>>
>>> *Schemas*
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc3/geronimo-schema-
>>> j2ee_1.4-1.0-rc3-src.jar