geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Long path problem on windows
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:51:37 GMT
I haven't had a problem running recently on windows due to the long path
name problem (although I did in the past).  However, I tend not to use
very long names anyway.

I know this question is about running and not building ... but I'll take
the opportunity to point out one other new bit of news on the building
front.  I was under the impression that we couldn't exceed something in
the realm of 14-15 chars before we started to hit the problem building.
  However, that was with the M1 build on 1.1.1 (where attempting to use
a root of c:\geronimo1.1.1 was hitting the problem).  With trunk and the
current M2 build I can go longer that that (provided I keep the M2 repo
root location fairly short and w/o spaces).  I was just able to
successfully build with a root of 25 chars and do not yet know what the
actual limit is.

Joe