geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [Poll] Next release?
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:42:51 GMT

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> In an attempt to quantify our expectation about the next release from
> trunk, please rank the following items in importance to you:
>
> [3] Release Date
> [2] Feature Set
> [4] Release Name
> [1] Certification

I agree with Kevan that we can't ship a release now that isn't certified
so that isn't optional).  I ranked these with that in mind.  In other
words, I expect that we would remove/add function and possibly
compromise the date in order to ship a certified release.

Second to that I think we need to focus on what we need to be
competitive with a close second (3rd over all) on the date.  Function
vs. date is always trade off depending upon the urgency of one or the
other with regard to our competitors.  Finally, "what's in a name".

Joe