geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Early, Release Often
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:00:38 GMT
For Geronimo v1.1 we gathered a list with the user requirements and made
it available in the wiki.

I would propose we do the same for the next release (v1.2 for now) and
include, along with the user requirements, the features we would like to
have. Yup, that's the roadmap we are all talking about.

Here is a template based on what we had for v1.1

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/geronimo-v12-user-requirements.html

If we want to release early/often then we could add a tentative target
date per feature, not necessarily release, just feature added to trunk.

I know adding dates is not too appealing but if we want to deliver often
  on regular basis we need to somehow time-box the releases.

There is already a discussion about uncertified weekly builds but, how
often do we want to deliver a fully certified release?

We already have some "structure" for monitoring (or better trying to
monitor) the project development status
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Apache+Geronimo+Development+Status

Any ideas how we could reuse this info/templates?

Would it be better to have the "Apache Geronimo Development Status"
moved under "Apache Geronimo Development"?

What would help us to stay on track

Cheers!
Hernan