geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Resolving a GBean reference
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:42:00 GMT
I think I've run into a classic chicken-and-egg problem trying to get
yoko hooked into Geronimo.

Let me recap the situation first, and the consensus solution we came up
with earlier.  To fully enable the SSL transport for Yoko, it's
necessary to cause Yoko to load a socket factory object that will be
used to sort out what sort of sockets need to get created for a given
connection situation.  This socket factory needs access to information
held by the creating CORBABean or CSSBean object.  The socket factory is
enabled by setting an argument on the call to ORB.init() to identify the
name of the socket factory class, and there's an additional optional
argument that can contain a single string value that's passed to the
socket factory's init() method.

So, to hook the socket factory back to the launching CORBABean or
CSSBean object, the socket factory argument value is set to the abstract
name for the associated bean instance, and the socket factor init()
method retrieves the reference using:

             Kernel kernel = KernelRegistry.getSingleKernel();
             config = (ORBConfiguration)kernel.getGBean(new
AbstractName(new URI(configName)));

I'm getting the ORB launched, the socket factory class is getting loaded
and the init() is failing with the following exception:

    java.lang.IllegalStateException: GBean is not running:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=CORBABean,name=Server

In the calling sequence, the ORB is initialized in the CORBABean or
CSSBean doStart() method, so these beans are not yet in a started state
when the socket factory gets initialized.  I'm unable to delay
resolution of the bean because the first actions required of the socket
factory occur before the doStart() methods return.

The best solution I've come up thus far would be to keep a private
registry of the beans in the ORBConfigAdapter class as static methods,
and have the SocketFactory use that to retrieve the reference.  I'd
rather not resort to that if there is a better solution.

Rick