geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Release Early, Release Often
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:22:34 GMT
Here is the wikipedia definition for Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta, etc..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_release

The definitions pretty much agree with my preconception of what an Alpha
  would contain.

IMHO, trunk is not currently in an Alpha state and doesn't accurately
reflect the "majority of the software requirements" that will be
addressed in G1.2.

It seems that trunk is currently in a pre-alpha state and I believe
making an occasional unstable/nightly build available would allow
users/developers to get familiar with the latest and greatest functions
in trunk without giving the false impression that G1.2 is currently in
Alpha state.

Just my .02

-Dave-