geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1-rc2 Release
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 20:53:43 GMT
Grab the jar from http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1-rc2.jar
  and place it in your local repo.  Don't forget to rename it to the same name minus the -rc2.

Since this jar is part of the release we have a bit of a race condition.

Paul McMahan wrote:
> Trying to build the src from
>    
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-1.1.1-rc2-src.tar.gz
> on linux I get this error :
> 
> +----------------------------------------
> | geronimo and geronimo-plugins Geronimo :: Security
> | Memory: 11M/17M
> +----------------------------------------
> DEPRECATED: the default goal should be specified in the <build>
> section of project.xml instead of maven.xml
> DEPRECATED: the default goal should be specified in the <build>
> section of project.xml instead of maven.xml
> 
> build:end:
> 
> Attempting to download geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar.
> WARNING: Failed to download geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar.
> 
> BUILD FAILED
> File...... /home/pmcmahan/foo/geronimo-1.1.1-rc2-src/maven.xml
> Element... maven:reactor
> Line...... 43
> Column.... -1
> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:
> geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar
> 
> Is this just due to a timing window where the specs haven't been
> published until the release is ready?
> 
> 
> Trying to build the src from
>    http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-1.1.1-rc2-src.zip
> on windows I get this error in Geronimo::Maven Dependency Plugin:
> 
> 15:20:10,031 INFO  [PluginManager] Artifact 'C:\Documents and 
> Settings\pmcmahan\
> .maven\repository\maven\jars\maven-1.0.2.jar' not found to add to classpath
> 
> That leads to some class not found errors when compiling
> GenerateServiceXml.java.  This seems to be a result of building with
> maven1.1b3.  Downgrading to maven1.1b2 got me further, to the error I
> saw on linux described above.
> 
> 
> Best wishes,
> Paul
> 
> 
> On 9/6/06, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-
>> rc2/geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1-rc2.jar is not same
>> as the one that is in the binary distributions.  I have checked this 
>> in the
>> context of GERONIMO-2376 .
>>
>>  Vamsi
>>
>>
>> On 9/6/06, Matt Hogstrom <matt@hogstrom.org> wrote:
>> > The changes pointed out by Bill have been incorporated (crossing my
>> fingers).  I have not received
>> > any other comments so I'm hoping that others have looked.  Please 
>> review
>> these items and cast your
>> > votes in this thread.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
>> >
>> > Vote ends Monday morning at 0600 Eastern Time.  If there are issues in
>> advance of that date a new RC
>> > will be spun up and a new vote started.
>> >
>> > *Source*
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-1.1.1-rc2-src.tar.gz 
>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-1.1.1-rc2-src.zip
>> >
>> > *Specifications*
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1-rc2.jar

>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4-1.0-src.jar

>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4-1.0.jar 
>>
>> >
>> > *Distributions*
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.1-rc2.tar.gz

>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.1-rc2.zip 
>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.1-rc2.tar.gz

>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.1-rc2.zip

>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.1-rc2.tar.gz

>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.1-rc2.zip 
>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.1-rc2.tar.gz

>>
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.1-rc2.zip

>>
>> >
>> > *Other Items*
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/openejb-builder-2.1.1.jar
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/openejb-core-2.1.1.jar
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc2/openejb-pkgen-builder-2.1.1.jar 
>>
>> >
>>
>>
> 
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message