geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Error in geronimo-kernel-1.1.1.pom in M2 Repo
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:37:58 GMT
Yikes...

It will be really nice when everything is in M1.  I'll start looking
at this and the related issues.  Thanks for discovering this Aaron.

Another challenge I think we will need to overcome but hasn't raised
its head yet is publishing other patches to the M2 repo.  There is a
metadata file that has the correct versions in it in the repo.  I'm
not sure how that get's updated right now.

On Sep 23, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> See:
>
> http://ibiblio.org/maven2/geronimo/geronimo-kernel/1.1.1/geronimo-
> kernel-1.1.1.pom
>
> Look for:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>      <artifactId>geronimo-qname_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.1</version>
>      <type>test</type>
>    </dependency>
>
> It's looking for an artifact of type *.test?  Presumably that
> should be
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>      <artifactId>geronimo-qname_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0.1</version>
>      <scope>test</scope>
>    </dependency>
>
> But whatever the case is, this prevents M2 builds from working against
> the geronimo-kernel-1.1.1.jar because it can't fine the .test file --
> what can we do to correct the POM and replace the version on ibiblio?
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> P.S. Thanks Matt for putting all the CARs up!!!

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org