geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Another really strange mysterious build error
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:22:11 GMT
I sometimes get this error building openejb-core:

   <testcase time="1.273"
name="org.openejb.deployment.UnpackedModuleDeploymentTest">
     <error type="java.lang.NoSuchMethodError"
message="org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.release(Ljava/lang/
ClassLoader;)V">java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.release(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)V
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.destroy
(MultiParentClassLoader.java:386)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader.destroy
(JarFileClassLoader.java:147)
         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.shutdown
(Configuration.java:762)
         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.doStop
(Configuration.java:742)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.unload
(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:718)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.unload
(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:161)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.unloadConfi
guration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:698)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.unloadConf
iguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:157)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.unloadConfi
guration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:668)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentConfigurationManager.unloadConf
iguration(DeploymentConfigurationManager.java:153)
         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.close
(DeploymentContext.java:364)
         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite.setUp
(DeploymentTestSuite.java:201)
         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite.access$000
(DeploymentTestSuite.java:90)
         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite$1.protect
(DeploymentTestSuite.java:119)
         at org.openejb.deployment.DeploymentTestSuite.run
(DeploymentTestSuite.java:126)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute
(JUnitTestSet.java:210)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSe
t(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute
(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:122)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:129)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess
(SurefireBooter.java:225)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main
(SurefireBooter.java:747)
</error>
   </testcase>

I can't quite imagine how this can occur.  Can anyone else?

Anyway putting a try/catch block around the code to ignore the error
at least lets the test pass.  Should I commit this or can anyone
think of a possible cause so we can actually fix it?

thanks
david jencks