geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible workspace for jetty 6 work and other jee5 stuff
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 07:25:26 GMT

On Sep 22, 2006, at 6:38 PM, Gianny Damour wrote:

> On 23/09/2006, at 11:06 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> There were big problems in working around the jetty lifecycle
>> management and getting jndi refs to work, but I think I've solved
>> both of these (see GERONIMO-2427 for work on refs).  With the
>> current setup of g. and jetty6 I can run daytrader on the sandbox/
>> javaee geronimo-jetty6-jee5 assembly.
>>
>> I haven't looked into the wadi stuff yet.  I believe greg has
>> committed the changes I wanted so we can import and export
>> sessions, but I haven't hooked up to them yet.
> Greg has added addSession(Session session, boolean created) and
> removeSession(Session session, boolean invalidate) which do exactly
> that. It seems that there is a compilation issue with Jetty6
> TransformingWebAppClassLoader.getResources overrides the final
> method ClassLoader. getResources and hence it is not possible to
> build jetty6 from trunk.

I was seeing jetty 6 test failures but not this problem.  On the
other hand codehaus svn doesn't seem to be available right now here.

> I am still investigating why the console is not working and I am
> stuck: this works on my box and after a review of the code I do not
> see where the problem could be. Do you have any idea how I could
> proceed (I debugged end-to-end the handling of a request and I do
> not really see a problem)?

I couldn't see where the problem was being introduced either, but I
get it consistently.  I'll see if I can figure out what is going
on.... or maybe we can just move to jetty 6 :-)

BTW I noticed the geronimo-clustering-wadi module has a dependency on
geronimo-jetty.  This is going to make it hard to use with jetty6.
Is there some reasonable way to eliminate that dependency?

thanks
david jencks