geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring trunk, then next steps
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 21:40:04 GMT
The directory should match because:

  * it makes it easier to find out which module produces which artifact
  * plugins that operate on hierarchies of modules make use of the
parent directory name when generating output.  if they don't match,
then you end up needing to configure each module, which is added
elements in the pom to maintain

If you really want this, this convince the maven team that they need
to add additional support for a modules directory name in addition to
its artifactId and then get them to update all plugins that traverse
trees to use this information.

Or just keep them the same.

--jason