geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Simone Bordet" <simone.bor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Swing console?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:17:21 GMT
Hi,

On 9/18/06, Heinz Drews <heinz.drews@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is a good suggestion.
>
> I agree with your opinion about webapps.
> Especially during development it seems, that using a component to
> configure the component which it is dependent on, is increasing risks.
> I had several times to manually modify config.xml to get G started again
>
> Personally I would prefer an application based on Eclipse because this
> could be nicely integrated with the plugin for launching G.

Just to mention that at LiveTribe we're building an Eclipse-based RCP
console, and the goals are to use the plugin architecture of Eclipse
to create a completely modular RCP application that can manage/monitor
the most common app servers, with the ability of replacing completely
the UI if you don't like it (or for special management purposes).

We're currently doing this for Jetty, next in list is G and AMQ.

Simon
--
http://livetribe.codehaus.org
http://bordet.blogspot.com