geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins?
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:36:00 GMT
I don't understand the issues with using the maven repo as a plugin
repo.  sorry, I haven't been following the discussion that closely.
I was under the impression that a plugin repo had to include a bunch
of non-maven-recognized files in order to be useful.  If we are to do
this I think we need a clear and definitive opinion from the m2 folks
that this will not get in the way of repository maintenance.

My opinion at the moment, based on very little info:
-- if the maven guys assure us that using a maven repo as a plugin
repo will never cause problems, lets do that.
-- if there is a measurable chance it would cause problems now or in
the future, lets have a separate plugin repo.

thanks
david jencks