geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <>
Subject Re:
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:33:18 GMT
On 9/29/06, Jason Dillon <> wrote:
> Its easy enough to make a new artifact, published to say org/apache/
> geronimo/plugincatalog/1.2-SNAPSHOT/geronimo-plugins-1.2-SNAPSHOT.xml
> But to make that work, we'd need to update the plugin code to look
> for a geronimo-plugins-${geronimo.version}.xml before it looks for a
> geronimo-plugins.xml, but that is very minor.

OK now I'm starting to understand how this could work.  But still
being a maven newbie I'm fuzzy on the details.  From what I can see
this can be implemented in two stages, first create the catalogs at and then migrate them to the maven repo.
Or there may be compelling reasons to just create a copy of the
catalogs in teh maven repo instead, probably needs some more

Unless there's some concern I will start on the first stage right away
and create a separate JIRA for the second stage.  Transitioning
between the stages should go smoothly since there's a level of
indirection for looking up the default list of repository catalogs at:

Since there's a level of indirection

View raw message