geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:33:18 GMT
> Its easy enough to make a new artifact, published to say org/apache/
> geronimo/plugincatalog/1.2-SNAPSHOT/geronimo-plugins-1.2-SNAPSHOT.xml
>
> But to make that work, we'd need to update the plugin code to look
> for a geronimo-plugins-${geronimo.version}.xml before it looks for a
> geronimo-plugins.xml, but that is very minor.

OK now I'm starting to understand how this could work.  But still
being a maven newbie I'm fuzzy on the details.  From what I can see
this can be implemented in two stages, first create the catalogs at
geronimo.apache.org/plugins and then migrate them to the maven repo.
Or there may be compelling reasons to just create a copy of the
catalogs in teh maven repo instead, probably needs some more
thought...

Unless there's some concern I will start on the first stage right away
and create a separate JIRA for the second stage.  Transitioning
between the stages should go smoothly since there's a level of
indirection for looking up the default list of repository catalogs at:
http://people.apache.org/~ammulder/plugin-repository-list-1.1.txt

thanks,
Paul

Since there's a level of indirection